Director of Annual Giving
This position will include activities related to Development and Management of our direct mail program, our on line giving, major gift club and planning and managing fund raising events. You will also act as staff support to Cuisine a Roulettes, the auxiliary for St. Vincent Meals on Wheels, offering direction for their fundraising efforts.
The Director of Annual Giving position is key to maintaining a formal program to increase philanthropic support for St. Vincent Meals on Wheels. This job requires strong organization and personal skills and a high degree of flexibility.
Our Mission is grounded in the Vincentian values of:
- COMPASSIONATE SERVICE
- ADVOCACY FOR THE POOR
- INVENTIVENESS TO INFINITY
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please forward your information and resumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org
What We’re Looking For
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the planning, implementation and management of annual giving fundraising programs including direct mail, major gift clubs, special events, and others.
- Responsibilities also include managing the donor gift acknowledgement process and will manage various consultants (copywriters, direct mail consulting team, etc.).
- Manage the planning, implementation, evaluation and enhancement of direct marketing donor solicitation programs for STVMOW, including strategic planning, appeal and campaign analysis, and oversight of consultants, vendors, budgets and contracts.
- Manage major gift clubs for STVMOW, including development of strategies for upgrading donors.
- Manage constituent-specific annual giving campaigns, including marketing, volunteer coordination, donor recognition and fulfillment.
- Participates in execution of events and programs in support of development activities. Engages key volunteers and effectively utilizes events and other activities to move solicitations forward.
- Plan and manage donor cultivation and recognition events/activities to encourage active donor participation
- Create a development strategy for the cultivation and solicitation of donors, including timeline, collateral materials and key partners.
- Serve as staff support to Cuisine A Roulettes and offer direction to this organization in their fundraising efforts.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED FOR EFFECTIVE PERFORMANCE
- Passionate commitment to STVMOW mission, vision and strategic direction.
- Extensive experience and demonstrated skills working on behalf of vulnerable populations utilizing a values-centered approach that supports staff in meeting the needs of seniors.
- Strong organizational experience: ideally has worked in a management role for 5+ years in a socially responsible organization with progressive experience, particularly in operational/administrative/programmatic management (required).
- Specific skills should include personnel management, programmatic management, demonstrated success monitoring systems that involve high levels of team work and collaboration.
- Demonstrated ability to develop an outstanding workforce.
- High level of customer service experience.
- A hands-on, flexible leader, able to take the initiative, think entrepreneurially and work independently while managing multiple tasks in a fast-moving environment.
- Exceptional communication skills; articulate, with proven ability to write effectively and speak persuasively and an ability to listen to and learn from others
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with a highly engaged, diverse, and committed team. Excellent people-management skills and a proven ability to interact with staff, managers, vendors, contractors and clients.
- Understanding of strategic planning and implementation.
- Ability to thrive in an environment characterized as fast-paced, creative, dynamic, and growing.
- High energy, positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail; high degree of initiative.
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite of products and comfort with client data systems
DEGREE OF SUPERVISION
Receives assignments and follows through with minimal supervision. Demonstrated ability to work independently and with a team. Must maintain ongoing communications with Executive Director and professional staff and development consultant.
Must be able to working in a highly independent manner, using independent judgement and decision-making.
- Must be able to work effectively with management , all staff, volunteers, technical and professional associates
- Must have the ability to respond to changing priorities in a highly adaptive and flexible manner.
- Ability to navigate and be effective within an organization that values collaboration, teamwork, transparency, individual initiative and creativity.
- Highest ethics and integrity, maturity, tact, diplomacy and judgment.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred.